Monday, November 18, 2013

my mindy melinda



Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one.' ― C.S. Lewis




this quote could not be more true when it comes to my friendship with mindy. she is hands down one of the best.


19 things about you and me:

tomorrow is your birthday and we have been friends for over a decade

i love when something interests you, you become completely passionate and dedicated to learning everything about it

my favorite thing about us is that we met in a dug out and our first conversation revolved around cellulite and body fat

if i need to be told "how it is" i can always count on you to be honest with me

over 10 years ago we made a video making fun of reality TV and it's still hilarious "Sadie Hawkins, why are you going through my MAIL!?" 

there have been times i've laughed so hard with you that my body physically hurts

i admire the strength, patience, and commitment you have when it comes to your family

you have so much creativity to offer the world and i know one day the right opportunity will come along for you to showcase it

you can admit your flaws and weaknesses and you're always trying to be a better person today than you were yesterday and that is awesome


there is not a single bodily function we can't laugh about together

i love the kind of mother you are, the realistic, nurturing, playful, kind, heartfelt, sometimes antagonistic, always loving, honest, humorous and simply put, great….you're a great Mom

i really miss the youth of our friendship, the ignorance we shared, how we were constantly learning things the hard way together, and i really miss driving around in the Eagle Premier  


to this day i still say things out loud to other people that only you would understand, "something smells like ham" "venereal ave" "we got trouble here in river city" "your spider scare me" "please bless" "is someone having a weenie roast" "shoobie doobie doobie" "we have all kinds of bamboo shoots" the list could go on…and on

my relationship with God grows stronger because of my friendship with you

i think from the moment we met we knew we'd found a friend for life

we can be unbelievably silly with each other about absolutely nothing

your marriage is an inspiration and reflection of true love

i'll never forget how much you've been there for me over the years through some of the toughest times in my life, how you'd hold my hand and pet my head as i endlessly cried over my broken heart

i miss you everyday and i hope you know how special you are, how lucky i feel to call you my friend, how much i trust you to always be there for me and how i will always be there for you. i hope you have the most wonderful birthday. 




i love you 


No comments:

Post a Comment